Emergencies are liable to affect essential services and have the potential to disrupt your ability to travel, communicate with each other or safely stay in your home. To make sure you and your family / household are prepared for an emergency please spend 10 minutes completing this plan. Make sure you involve all members of your household and ensure they all have access to a copy.
When writing your plan, aim to;
- Identity possible exit and escape routes from your house. It's good to have a few alternatives is case one route is blocked.
- Agree a couple of meeting points to meet up with members of your family in case you cannot return home because of an incident.
- Create your Grab Bag
- Ensure you, and everyone in your family knows, where the stop taps for your water, gas and electric are
- Check your insurance policy is up to date and correct
- Find out your local radios stations which you can tune into for the latest information during an emergency
- Remember to review your plan a few times a year with family members to make sure everyone knows what to do in an emergency