- "Blue light" services - North Yorkshire Police, North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue, Yorkshire Ambulance, British Transport Police;
- Local Authorities - North Yorkshire County Council, City of York Council, Craven District, Hambleton District, Harrogate Borough, Richmonshire District, Ryedale District, Scarborough Borough and Selby District;
- National agencies - E.g. Environment Agency, Highways England, Marine Coastguard;
- Health - NHS England, Public Health England, Clinical Commissioning Groups, NHS Foundation Trusts;
- Utilities - E.g. National Powergrid, Yorkshire Water,
- Other organisations - E.g. Ministry of Defence
NYLRF also works in coordination with the voluntary sector and has its own register of trained public volunteers with the scheme Ready For Anything.
We prepare, train for and respond to major incidents and emergencies in North Yorkshire. We also help people and communities recover after adverse events. We are legally required to deliver the the duties stated in the Civil Contingencies Act 2004 (CCA).
We provide you with information on how to prepare for an emergency, as well as give you an insight in to how local responders work together to in order to help protect individuals, your community and businesses to ensure North Yorkshire is prepared.
The borders of the LRF match those of North Yorkshire Police. The majority of the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors lie within North Yorkshire's boundaries, and around 40% of the county is covered by National Parks. The largest settlements in North Yorkshire are York (153,717), Harrogate (73,576) and Scarborough (61,749); the county town is Northallerton with a population of 16,832. North Yorkshire is the biggest county in England.
The area under the control of the county council is divided into a number of local government districts; they are Craven, Hambleton, Harrogate, Richmondshire, Ryedale, Scarborough and Selby.
You can keep up to date with the latest advise and information about emergencies in North Yorkshire by following our NYLRF Twitter account.