We have no other training events scheduled for Ready for Anything (RFA) volunteers at the moment. However, following feedback from the previous sessions we are planning for more RFA events.
If you are already signed up as a RFA volunteer we will tell you about new events by email and on this webpage. Sign up here to become a RFA volunteer if you have not already done so.
Previous Ready for Anything training
We have been holding a number of training sessions around the county in 2018-19. It has been great to see so many of you. It has proved to be a good opportunity for volunteers to meet each other, especially from their local communities and areas. From the feedback we received there has been an overwhelming positive response with people finding out about the existing response to major incidents and how Ready For Anything volunteers can fit into this response.
Both the group work and presentations raised some good discussions, and the ideas and suggestions have been a huge help. With this being the first major scheme for registering volunteers to assist in multi-agency major incidents, this is an ongoing learning process for us too.
Some things we have adapted as a direct consequence of points raised during training include;
- More detail needed within the initial incident notification text. E.g. idea of roles that will be required.
- Build in the capacity for volunteers who will want to text back with questions before deployment.
- Send the coordinator’s telephone number to those being deployed.
- A final text needed to let volunteers know that we have enough people.
- Looking into the possibility of car-sharing for volunteers who live near each other.
Training requests that were most frequently requested and will be incorporated in future training is;
- First Aid
- Emotional support
- Rest centre
We are currently looking at training venues and dates throughout the year for these and other planned sessions. We will email you with more details as they are confirmed and update information on this webpage.